Sunday, January 10, 2016

Refocusing and Rebooting

The beginning of the 2016 has me thinking about my blog again and why I seemingly abandoned it midyear.  In truth, I let my teaching load overrun my creative life...to my detriment.

I took on a summer teaching semester for the first time at the college level.  While I truly enjoyed teaching my students, I found this summer session wreaked havoc for my creative energies and left me feeling depleted emotionally and mentally.  The ensuing fall semester met with personal challenges I had not anticipated prior to September, and so my blog fell by the wayside.

Until now.

I want to reinvigorate my blog and I want to refocus my energies in this blog on my book reviews.  I read so much and that is one thing I did not allow to become disrupted during the last half of 2015.  I read voraciously, jealously, devotedly, and I need an outlet to share some of my thoughts about the stories I have encountered.

So, over the course of the next few weeks, I am going to reengage my blogging discipline by revisiting some of my favorite books of 2015.  I'm looking forward to this!

Join me!
SOURCE:  "Reboot."  Knuckleballs.  Knuckleballs.  28 Oct. 2015.  Web.  10 Jan. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On the Heels of Writer's Digest Novel Writing Conference

Joy, pure joy, is what I'm feeling after returning from the 2017 Writer's Digest Novel Writing Conference in Pasadena, California. T...